Thursday 28 July 2016



Bit of a monster post to start...apologies!

Yesterday I thought I need to crack on with my Somme project and so finished painting the Germans. They are all done apart from basing and varnish. I could do with 2 more packs of dead and I need to do a HQ piece, but the rest are done.

Here is a unit using 16/149 - German Friekorps. Lovely figures!

The British were based and primed a few days ago. I've gone for a light brown/khaki colour (actually the Italian armour spray from Battelfront) which may not be quite right historically but I feel you always need to go a couple of shades brighter with 15mm or else you lose any detail.



Current Projects

Men of Company B Also on the go is the rebasing of my Vietnam for the new Men of Company B. They are all now on 2p's and need basing. The k9 unit, extra leader base for the US are painted and await a new can of varnish from Partizan.




Washingtons Army

 I have 2 units of Continentals for Washingtons Army done and awaiting basing and varnish. That project is now probably 75% done. The British are the sticking point. A good friend actually has a couple of units to paint up for me but I need to place an order when I return from my holidays mid August.


Civil War Battles 

The ACW is done but for the cavalry. Just some tidying up to do with flags, basing and varnishing. Can you see a theme emerging!

Bloody Barons 

My rebooted Wars of the Roses project now has 3 units of Retinue foot done. Most of the figures are purchased.


Battles in the Age of War

 My rebooted Samurai project has 1 unit of Levy Ashigaru painted and the figures for one army purchased.



PBI 

My WW2 armies have had no love for some time. I have late war US infantry and late war German. They are both based around the old black boxes Martin used to produce. I REALLY need to give the US a 3rd platoon of infantry, or otherwise increase them from having just 4 units.

Longships 

 My Vikings are done but need their flags adding. Ideally I need to add some skirmish bases and would like to do 3 units of cavalry for the Carolingian army option.

Hammerin Iron 

Other than completing my collection by adding the few missing ships this is done!
AK47 

 Another reboot. Figures await attention. Once the Somme is done, I foresee me doing a ''paint an army in a weekend' type of project. This will be a really fast build!

Regiment of Foote 

Done! apart form a Scottish army...and some of the new Irish troops....


These are the priest and dog figures. The dog was painted by my daughter Ava, aged 5 and a half.
Bayonets and Ideology 

Ready for the new version due to start playtesting at the end of the year I have 1 unit of Nationalists painted and the figures for two forces awaiting attention.
Conquerors and Kings 

Figures for Romans and Germans sit unloved beneath my table screaming for some attention. Not on the radar at the moment though!

Pieces of Eight 

Again, I have a few ships still in their packet awaiting some love. Not yet though.

So. A lot on the go. Variety is the spice of life as they say. Its only when you write these things down you realise just how much stuff I have. Accumulated over the last 10-15 years it soon builds up.

Anyway, I'll aim for a monthly update as a minimum but will add bits in between as time and effort allows.

No comments: